The Terms are a legally binding contract between you and Ethical Time S.L. We’ll just refer to it as Ethical Time.
This contract sets out your rights and responsibilities when you use Ethical Time.com, our mobile apps, and the other services provided by Ethical Time (we’ll refer to all of these collectively as our “Services”), so please read it carefully. By using any of our Services (even just browsing one of our websites), you’re agreeing to the Terms. If you don’t agree with the Terms, you may not use our Services.
Ethical Time´s Services connect people around the world, both online and offline, to make, sell, and buy goods. Here’s a handy guide to help you understand the specific rules that are relevant for you, depending on how you use the Services:
The rules for sellers. If you have completed our registration application and hold a seller’s account, whether or not you list any items for sale through our Services, these policies apply to you. You can read them here.
All of these policies are a part of our Terms, so be sure to read the ones that are relevant for you. Of course, you’ll still want to read the rest of this document because it applies to everyone.
Both Ethical Time and sellers on Ethical Time process members’ personal information (for example, buyer name, email address, and shipping address) and are therefore considered data controllers of buyers’ personal information under EU law. That means that each party is responsible for the personal information it processes in providing the Services.
If, however, Ethical Time and you are found to be joint data controllers of buyers’ personal information, and if Ethical Time is sued, fined, or otherwise incurs expenses because of something that you did as a joint data controller of buyer personal information, you agree to indemnify Ethical Time for the expenses it occurs in connection with your processing of buyer personal information.
You’ll need to create an account with Ethical Time to use some of our Services. Here are a few rules about accounts with Ethical Time:
- You must be 18 years or older to use our Services.Minors under 18 and at least 13 years of age are only permitted to use our Services through an account owned by a parent or legal guardian with their appropriate permission and under their direct supervision. Children under 13 years are not permitted to use our Services. You are responsible for any and all account activity conducted by a minor on your account.
- Be honest with us.Provide accurate information about yourself. It’s prohibited to use false information or impersonate another person or company through your account.
- You’re responsible for your account.You’re solely responsible for any activity on your account. If you’re sharing an account with other people, then the person whose financial information is on the account will ultimately be responsible for all activity. If you’re registering as a business entity, you personally guarantee that you have the authority to agree to the Terms on behalf of the business. Also, your accounts are not transferable.
- Protect your password.As we mentioned above, you’re solely responsible for any activity on your account, so it’s important to keep your account password secure.
Content that you post using our Services is your content (so let’s refer to it as “Your Content”). This includes anything you post using our Services (like shop names, profile pictures, listing photos, listing descriptions, reviews, comments, videos, etc.).
- Responsibility for Your Content.You understand that you are solely responsible for Your Content. You represent that you have all necessary rights to Your Content and that you’re not infringing or violating any third party’s rights by posting it.
- Permission to Use Your Content. By posting Your Content through our Services, you grant Ethical Time a license to use it and create content derived from Your Content. (preparar trabajos derivados de) We don’t claim any ownership to Your Content, but we have your permission to use it to help Ethical Time function and grow. That way, we won’t infringe any rights you have in Your Content and we can help promote your stuff. This allows us to provide the Services and to promote Ethical Time, your brand on Ethical Time or the Services in general, in any format and via any channel, including all the Services of Ethical Time, any third-party website or advertising medium.
Consider these examples: if you upload a photo of a listing on your Ethical Time shop, we have permission to display it to buyers, and we can resize it so it looks good to a buyer using our mobile app; if you post a description in English, we can translate it into Spanish so a buyer can learn the story behind your item; and if you post a photo of a handmade backpack, we can feature it on our homepage, in one of our blogs or even on a billboard to help promote your business and Ethical Time’s.
- Reporting Unauthorised Content. Ethical Time has great respect for intellectual property rights, and is committed to following appropriate legal procedures to remove infringing content from the Services. If Your Content is alleged to infringe another person’s intellectual property, we will take appropriate action. We’ll notify you if that happens.
- Inappropriate, False, or Misleading Content.There are certain types of content we don’t want posted on Ethical Time’s Services (for legal reasons or otherwise). You agree that you will not post any content that is abusive, threatening, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, or otherwise offensive or in violation of any part of our Terms. You also agree not to post any content that is false and misleading or uses the Services in a manner that is fraudulent or deceptive.
License to Use Our Services. We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use our Services – subject to the Terms and the following restrictions in particular:
- Don’t Use Our Services to Break the Law.You agree that you will not violate any laws in connection with your use of the Services. This includes any local, state, federal, and international laws that may apply to you.
- Pay Your Bills.You are responsible for paying all fees that you owe to Ethical Time. You are also solely responsible for collecting and/or paying any applicable taxes for any purchases or sales you make through our Services.
- Don’t Steal Our Stuff.You agree not to crawl, scrape, or spider any page of the Services or to reverse engineer or attempt to obtain the source code of the Services.
- Don’t Try to Harm Our Systems.You agree not to interfere with or try to disrupt our Services, for example by distributing a virus or other harmful computer code.
- Follow Our Trademark Policy.The name “Ethical Time ” and the other Ethical Time marks, phrases, logos, and designs that we use in connection with our Services, are trademarks, service marks, or trade dress of Ethical Time.
- Share Your Ideas.We love your suggestions and ideas! They can help us improve your experience and our Services. Any ideas you submit are considered non-confidential.
Termination by you. You may terminate your account with Ethical Time at any time from your account settings. Terminating your account will not affect the availability of some of Your Content that you posted through the Services prior to termination. And you’ll still have to pay any outstanding bills.
Termination By Ethical Time. We may terminate or suspend your account (and any related accounts) and your access to the Services at any time, for any reason, and without advance notice. If we do so, it’s important to understand that you don’t have a contractual or legal right to continue to use our Services, for example, to sell or buy on our websites or mobile apps. Ethical Time may refuse service to anyone, at any time, for justified reasons.
If you or Ethical Time terminate your account, you may lose any information associated with your account, including Your Content.
We May Discontinue the Services. Ethical Time reserves the right to change, suspend, or discontinue any of the Services at any time. We will not be liable to you for the effect that any changes to the Services may have on you, including your income or your ability to generate revenue through the Services.
Survival. The Terms will remain in effect even after your access to the Service is terminated, or your use of the Service ends.
Items You Purchase. You understand that Ethical Time does not manufacture, store, or inspect any of the items sold through our Services. We provide the venue; the items in our marketplaces are produced, listed, and sold directly by independent sellers, so Ethical Time can’t and does not make any warranties about their quality or safety. Any legal claim related to an item you purchase must be brought directly against the seller of the item. You release Ethical Time from any claims related to items sold through our Services, including for defective items, misrepresentations by sellers, or items that caused physical injury.
Content You Access. You may come across materials that you find offensive or inappropriate while using our Services. We make no representations concerning any content posted by users through the Services. Ethical Time is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of content posted by users that you accessed through the Services. You release us from all liability relating to that content, which falls exclusively on the sellers and the users.
People You Interact With. You can use the Services to interact with other individuals, either online or in person. However, you understand that we do not screen users of our Services, and you release us from all liability relating to your interactions with other users.
Warranties. Ethical Time is dedicated to making our Services the best they can be, but we’re not perfect and sometimes things can go wrong. You understand that our Services are provided “as is” and without any kind of warranty (express or implied). We are expressly disclaiming any warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose, as well as any warranties implied by a course of performance, course of dealing, or usage of trade.
If you find yourself in a dispute with another user of Ethical Time’s Services, we encourage you to contact the other party and try to resolve the dispute amicably.
Release of Ethical Time. You release Ethical Time from any claims, demands, and damages arising out of disputes with other users or parties.
If you’re upset with us, let us know, and hopefully we can resolve your issue. But if we can’t, then these rules will govern any legal dispute involving our Services:
- Governing Law.The Terms are governed by Spanish law which is applicable in any matters that are not covered by these Terms with regards to interpretation, legitimacy and implementation.
- Jurisdiction.We’re based in Barcelona, Spain, so any legal action against Ethical Time related to our Services must be filed and take place in Barcelona. You and Ethical Time agree to submit to the jurisdiction and courts of the city of Barcelona, renouncing any other jurisdiction that could apply to you.
Given the possible evolution of the Services, Ethical Time reserves the right to adapt or modify at any time the current general terms. The new Terms will be available on the web and will only be applied to sales made following the changes.
We may update these Terms from time to time. If we believe that the changes are material, we’ll let you know by posting the changes through the Services and/or sending you an email or message about the changes. That way you can decide whether you want to continue using the Services. Changes will be effective upon the posting of the changes unless otherwise specified. You are responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any changes. Your use of the Services following the changes constitutes your acceptance of the updated Terms.
12. Contact Information
Last updated on 01 April, 2019